Managing Performance Appraisal
An example of a customer care scene…starting off by getting it wrong and then doing it right.
In this course we look at the challenges associated with effective performance appraisals
- Is it a skill issue or a will issue (does the person lack the skill to undertake a good performance appraisal or are they just unwilling to do it)?
- Do we use an elicitive style (one that draws out information from the member of staff), or a directive style (where the staff member is told what they have done well, what they have done poorly and how to rectify their mistakes)?
- Overcoming cynicism in the appraisal process
- What are the other barriers to an effective performance appraisal?
- What constitutes a good performance appraisal?
Our approach is to help create the culture and capabilities for success.
We get delegates to look at the “G.R.O.W.” coaching model:
Once Obstacles have been identified, the discussion needs to find ways of dealing with them in order to make progress.
W Way Forward: