Equality & Diversity
A scene showing inappropriate behaviour
- The scenarios are designed to stimulate discussion around challenging and sensitive subjects.
- The scenarios will be centered around situations that are relevant to the organisation; often based on real incidents that have occurred within the organisation.
- The professionally facilitated discussions focus on what is appropriate and inappropriate in areas such as attitudes; behaviour; humour; imagery and the stated values of the organisation.
- The discussions highlight the common sense, positive business case effectively and rationally, in addition to the negative impact for individuals, the organisation and for its business when it goes wrong.
- and the nine protected characteristics of
- Gender reassignment
- Marriage and civil partnership
- Pregnancy and maternity
- Religion or belief
- Sexual orientation
…and the seven different types of discrimination:
- Direct discrimination;
- Associative discrimination;
- Discrimination by perception;
- Indirect discrimination;
- Harassment by a third party